Spring is in the Air
....And with the sprouting of the first crocuses and the bright spring sun there is the usual desire to Spring Clean the Home and make plans to prepare the garden.
To Supercharge your energy for the tasks in hand we highly recommend the Neom Organics 'Boost Your Energy' Home Scents Range. The fragrance is a potent combination of the purest possible essential oils, including grapefruit, lemon & rosemary, all chosen to help refresh, revitalize and energize your mind and body. Throughout the month of March we will be testing all the products in this range and will feed back to you the results. We are also giving away a FREE Energy Burst On the Go Mist RRP £8.00 to every customer spending £40.00 on Neom Products.
- The benifits of grapefruit are well documented, from its ability to detoxify the body to mentally lift the spirits.
- Rosemary stimulates circulation and lemon encourages clear thinking.
30 Top Tips to Find Your Most Powerful Self
Whether you're committed to a full detox or just want to start small, there's something here for everyone. See how many of these small steps you can take to boost your natural energy.
1. Hello Sunshine.
Try going for a walk at lunchtime to soak up some natural vitamin D from the sun, vitamin D is essential for your well-being as it lifts your mood for a natural energy boost.
2. Laugh. Laughter is a proven stress buster and it can raise your natural energy levels too. Feel free to use this as permission to watch funny YouTube videos for the next ten minutes.
3. Drink Water. Whether you're at the gym or doing the 9-5, remember to drink enough water. Even mild dehydration can cause sleepiness, so aim to drink one small glass per hour throughout the day.
4. Snack Drawer. Stock up on energy boosting snacks in your desk drawer, such as dried fruits, dark chocolate drops and unsalted nuts, to maintain your natural energy levels throughout the afternoon.
5. Power Nap. Forget strong coffees at your desk....try a quick midday power nap instead. Studies have shown that 10-20 minutes rest can refresh your body and mind without disrupting your sleep patterns.
6. Light a Candle. Familiar with hygge? This Danish term means snuggling up and embracing the darker winter months with candles and cosiness. A great way to rebalance your energy levels.
7. Quit Sugar, Not Snacks. Stabilise your blood sugar levels with a low sugar snack such a hummus and chopped veg, to maintain your cortisol levels which also affect your energy.
8. Cut the Lunchtime Carbs. Choose a lunchtime meal combining protein, good fats and fibre, such as salmon watermelon and avocado salad, for a slow release of energy all afternoon.
9. Get a Sweat On. Exercise is a natural endorphin booster, but according to Fitness For Fun Expert Kelly Morgan, taking your 20 minute workout outside will elevate your energy levels even more.
10. Get Outside. Put your phone down, switch off the TV and step outside into the fresh air for an invigorating wake-up call to boost your endorphins, which in turn will boost your energy.
11. Wholemeal All the Way.
Swap any white carbs for wholemeal, from bread to rice and pasta, to feel fuller and more energised for longer.
12. Do One Thing That Scares You. According to author J.K. Rowling, the best way to overcome a phobia is to face it. Tackle a challenge you've been putting off, from beating your fear of flying to phoning a long-lost friend, then re-route all that energy into better things.
13. Challenge Yourself. Need some motivation to get up off the sofa? Then sign up to a group challenge with your friends and family. Training for a charity bike ride, marathon or even a fun run is the perfect way to establish a routine and get those endorphins and natural energy levels pumping.
14.Swap Social Media for Me-Time. Reading is the perfect way to calm your mind and help you relax, especially in the evening. You'll wake up feeling refreshed with much more energy.
15. Mindfulness Matters. Taking the time to breathe in for seven seconds and out for eleven seconds, just for a few minutes, can help you feel calm and in control - ideal for when you need to maintain your natural energy.
16. Headspace. Meditation isn't just for yoga class. Download the Headspace App to explore mindfulness wherever you are. In bed, in the bath, or even on the bus. Less stress often means an increase in mental energy.
17. Clear the Decks. Spring cleaning is a great way to start the new year, as your home will instantly feel more spacious and clutter free. A tidy house leads to a clear and re-energised mind.
18. Give More. Giving is a powerful way to boost your well-being. Make an extra dinner for your elderly neighbour, sign up for a charity run or volunteer for a local community project to feel happier and more motivated every day.
19. When Life Gives You Lemons. Start your morning with hot water and a slice of lemon to kick-start your metabolism, which can help burn more calories and maintain your natural energy.
20. Think Ahead. Book a Spring break, a reunion with friends or even a meal out. On darker days, having something to look forward to can be a great natural energiser.
21. Hit the Gym. Avoid the afternoon slump by working out during your lunch break. Studies show that a workout can increase your productivity and raise your natural energy levels afterwards.
22. Eat Chocolate. Yes, really!! The flavonoids in cocoa have been shown to boost cognitive skills and improve people's mood. Choose dark chocolate for a healthy, less sugary option.
23. Graze. Eating regular, healthy meals and snacks can improve our cognitive function and help us maintain our natural energy levels, so don't skip breakfast and forget about lunch.
24. Sip Sugar-Free. Stick to water if possible, as sugary energy drinks and even caffeine-free sugary beverages can disrupt our energy levels.
25. Let the Light In. Remember to open the curtains and let the light in, as sunlight can help to treat Seasonal Affective Disorder or SAD as it is often referred. Sunlight helps to support the body's natural energy grooves (i.e. circadian rhythms).
26. Take a Cold Shower. Brutal, we know! But research has suggested that a three minute long cold shower could be enough to counteract some of the effects of chronic fatigue and really wake you up.
27. Take a Few Deep Breaths. No, not just to avoid yelling at someone! Deep yoga breathing from the diaphragm gets your blood pumping, which can boost your energy levels all day long.
28. Straighten Up. Sit up straight with your shoulders back, eyes ahead and lower back slightly arched, to resist feeling fatigued and boost your self confidence.
29. Eliminate Distractions. Its easy to feel burned out when your heads in ten places at once. Switch your phone off, shut your office door or even buy some noise-cancelling headphones to stay in the zone and maintain your natural energy reserves for as long as possible.
30.Clear Your Workspaces. We all know 'a cluttered desk is a symptom of a cluttered mind', so refresh and refocus by organising your workspace, so you can focus your energy on everything else.
At Scape Interiors, we understand how having an abundance of natural energy can make even the earliest of mornings and longest days so much more manageable and productive. With that in mind, we are going to see how many of these small steps we can incorporate into our lives over the next month and would like to encourage you to do the same. From a deeply relaxing bedtime routine to a refreshing, invigorating morning ritual.
We've set the balling by signing up for the Southend on Sea 5K Fun Run on Sunday 7th May and will be raising valuable funds for Cancer Research. None of us have ever run before and have only, very tentatively started training for this. Only this morning I went for my first early morning run along the seafront and witnessed the most beautiful sunrise in the quiet stillness of the early morning and just had to share the picture with you, it was certainly worth getting up for....I'm sure you'll agree. We have only just signed up for the run and would be happy to have any of you join us in this challenge or sponsor us to raise money for such a worthy cause.....we are also all taking turns to road test the full Neom 'Energise Your Life' range and will report back our findings. Here's the link for the run: https://raceforlife.cancerresearchuk.org
Well Thats All For Now
Love & Best Wishes
Lisa, Fen, Marilyn & Claire